I've heard Edge of the Empire players say that the game's narrative dice system helps recreate the action-packed feeling of the Star Wars movies. With that in mind, I thought I'd imagine how the die results line up with example scenes from the movies. Feel free to share your own ideas in the comments!
No Successes, No Advantage or Despair
- "Better bluff this Imperial on the comm." (Rolls) "Boring conversation anyway."
- "My tauntaun is upset, but I don't see anything." (Rolls) *Wampa fist*
- "You will bring Captain Solo and the wookiee to me." (Rolls) "Your powers will not work on me, boy."
No Successes But Some Advantage
- "Do, or do not. There is no try." (Rolls) "Moved a tiny bit, the X-wing did."
- "Master Luke! You're standing on..." (Rolls) "Crap! Well, at least this guard is getting eaten with me."
No Successes But Some Threat
- "Our snowspeeder is gonna crash! Gotta try to land!" (Rolls) *Crash* "Dak?"
- "Vader is here!" Zap! Zap! (Rolls) "Hey, where's my blaster going?"
- "I'll just sneak up on these scout troopers..." (Rolls) *Snap!*
No Successes But Despair
- "Oh my, stormtroopers, here? I'm sure they'll listen to reason." (Rolls) *Droid parts scatter*
- "Just gotta slice into this bunker's back door..." (Rolls) *Extra door closes over the first one*
No Successes But Triumph
- "Boba Fett is around here somewhere...but I'm blind!" (Rolls) *Burp*
Success, No Advantage or Despair
- "These aren't the droids you're looking for." (Rolls) "These aren't the droids we're looking for."
Lots of Successes (or Success + Triumph)
- "Use the Force, Luke!" (Rolls) "Great shot, Kid, that was one in a million!"
Success + Advantage
- "Never tell me the odds!" (Rolls) Asteroid: 1; TIE fighters: 0.
- "Bleep bloop bleep!" (Rolls) Blast doors open, and the computer mentions that the hyperdrive was disabled.
- "Leia...hear me..." (Rolls) "We've got to go back. I know where Luke is."
Success + Threat
- "Gotta close that blast door..." (Rolls) "Aha!" *Blast* "Now, where are the bridge controls?"
- "I'm going to find a way out of the detention block." (Rolls) "Into the garbage chute, Flyboy."
- "Luke is gonna freeze to death out here. How can I save him?" (Rolls) "*Sigh* Really?"
- "Let's find a place to hide on this asteroid." (Rolls) "Yeah. That'll do nicely."
Success + Despair
- "Now to unfreeze Han so we can get out of here..." (Rolls) "I know that laugh."